Innovations on Nokia N97

Friday, November 20, 2009

First I would like to thanks to Forum Nokia Champion program, it is a great honor to be a champion and thanks for the N97 as a gift ;-)

After several days using N97, I found many functionalities for me and would like to share with everyone:

1, the hardware design — beautiful and elegant


N97 back

I like the rear part, feels very good!


N97 Rear

2, Widget Homescreen
The whole homescreen seems to be widget, the time/date/profile seems can’t be removed, other contents, you can remove it from the screen by slide your finger on the screen. See my favourite widgets on the homescreen.


widget homescreen n97

3, Incoming Call — Slide to answer or unLock
When your phone is in locked status, and there is an incoming call, you can choose to slide to answer or slide to unlock, really surprised when first see the interface~~~


N97 Slide Answer

4, remote lock
If you foget your phone somewhere or lost it, you can lock your phone by sending it an SMS with the password you defined. After receiving the password, the phone will be locked!
The password can be defined here: Settings-Phone-Phone mgmt.-Security-Phone and SIM card- Remote phone locking.


remote lock sms n97

5, Compass
The N97 has an internal compass! it is a great benefit for people like me (with no sense of direction). It comes with Nokia Maps, and need to rotate the devices around.


N97 compass

6, Timed Profile
It is a great functionality for me again! I don’t turn off the phone before sleeping, just turn the profile to “silent”, with it, I don’t need to turn the profile to “silent” every night before I sleep~~~


Timed Profile N97

7, FingerPrint
It is not coming with the Nokia N97, instead it is a innovation of mine - Unlock your N97 with your FingerPrint ;-) The app is available here: http://thinkchange.cn


FingerPrint unlock N97

Shortcomings:

Every master piece has its flaws, after several days using, the most problem for me is the KeyLock! Sometimes, the backlight is not turned on after the key lock is disabled and some times the key lock seems not to be functioning… The other problems is the Compass seems too slow to be activated…

0 comments: